WE’RE BACK for number 4!
To say we’re thrilled is an understatement and we hope you’ll join us in spotlighting the Edmund Gwenns and Spring Byingtons of the world, the oft forgotten names that never appeared above the title. If this is right up your movie alley then give us a shout out…
And please adhere to the following:
- Let one of the hosts know which character actor is your choice. Since there are so many greats worthy of mention, we won’t take any repeats and we’re not limiting these to “classic” actors. AND… since the medium of Television has featured such greats through the years as well we’re widening the field to include small-screen characters this year.
- Don’t take it for granted we know exactly who you are or where your blog resides – please include the title and url to your blog.
- Publish the post for either November 14, 15 & 16. Let us know if you have a date preference, otherwise we’ll split publicizing duties equally among the three days.
- Please include the blogathon graphic on your blog to help us publicize the event and include it in your post.
- It would be really helpful if you can send any of us the direct link to your post. Searching on social media sites can lead to missed entries.
- HAVE FUN and spread the word! There are many great characters worthy of attention.
Participating blogs and chosen Character Actors
|Now Voyaging ~ Robert Barrat|
|In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood ~ Ethel Barrymore
Girls Do Film ~ Louise Beavers
|Aperture Reviews ~ Whit Bissell|
|Movies, Silently ~ Elmer Booth|
|Smitten Kitten Vintage ~ Joe E. Brown|
|Caftan Woman ~ Harry Carey & Harry Carey Jr.|
|Speakeasy ~ Eduardo Ciannelli
Phyllis Loves Classic Movies ~ Charles Coburn
|Mother Time Musings ~ Gladys Cooper
Tales Of The Easily Distracted ~ Lloyd Corigan (in BOSTON BLACKIE and THE BIG CLOCK)
|Hometowns to Hollywood ~ Harry Davenport|
|Silver Screenings ~ Daffy Duck|
|Tales From the Border ~ Dwight Frye|
|Movie Movie Blog Blog ~ Ned Glass|
|Classic Film & TV Cafe ~ Sydney Greenstreet|
|Critica Retro ~ Wilson Grey|
|I See A Dark Theater ~ Marsha Hunt|
|The Motion Pictures ~ Allen Jenkins|
|Guest post on Once Upon a Screen ~ Tommy Lee Jones|
|Silver Scenes ~ Allyn Joslyn|
|Spellbound By Movies ~ Tom Kennedy|
|Immortal Ephemera ~ Guy Kibbee|
|CineMaven’s Essays From the Couch ~ Peter Lorre|
|The View From The Back Row ~ Marjorie Main|
|Second Sight Cinema ~ Dickie Moore|
|The Last Drive-In ~ Agnes Moorehead|
|A Shroud of Thoughts ~ Frank Morgan|
|Shadows and Satin ~ Clarence Muse|
|Joel’s Classic Film Passion ~ Una O’Connor|
|Outspoken & Freckled ~ Franklin Panghorn|
|Just a Cienast ~ John Qualen|
|Cinematic Catharsis ~ Michael Ripper
Old Hollywood Films ~ SZ “Cuddles” Sakall
|Portraits by Jenni ~ C. Aubrey Smith
Le Mot Du Cinephiliaque ~ Harry Dean Stanton
|BNoirDetour ~ Helen Walker|
|Once Upon a Screen ~ Mary Wickes|
|Wide Screen World ~ Shelley Winters|
|Sister Celluloid ~ Roland Young|
A big THANK YOU – HAPPY BLOGGING!
The faces on the banner:
Row 1: (L-R) Eddie “Rochester” Anderson, Margaret Dumont, Edward Arnold, Albert Dekker, Ann Miller, Leon Errol
Row 2: (L-R) Dan Duryea, Eugene Palette, Aline MacMahon, Charles Coburn, Lee J. Cobb, Billie Burke
Row 3: (L-R) Spring Byington, Walter Brennan, Hattie McDaniel, Gene Lockhart, Margaret O’Brien, Edgar Kennedy
Row 4: (L-R) Eric Blore, Franklin Pangborn, Frank Morgan, Guy Kibbee, Gloria Grahame, Jane Darwell
Row 5: (L-R) Judith Anderson, Edward Everett Horton, Eve Arden, S.Z. “Cuddles” Sakall, Thelma Ritter, Louis Calhern
Row 6: (L-R) Charles Lane, Kim Hunter, David Wayne, Louise Beavers, Cecil Kellaway, Shemp Howard